- 2 ½ cups peeled and grated apples🍎
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon juice🍋
- zest of one orange (optional)🍊
- 1 ½ cups oat flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ cups white flour ( or dinkel)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp clove powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup Almond Milk or other plant milk
- ½ cup olive oil or coconut oil🥥
- ½ cup pure maple syrup or honey🍯
- ½ cup raisins (optional)🍇
For the topping :
thin slices of apple🍏🍎🍏
2 tbs chopped walnuts (or any other nut you like )🥜🌰
- Preheat the oven to 170 C or 350 degrees. Grease a round cake pan or a 9×5-inch loaf pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Place the apples in a bowl
- Toss the apples with the lemon juice to keep them from browning.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, salt and spices. Then add in the apples and raisins and toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond milk, orange zest, vanilla, oil and maple syrup.
- Slowly mix the wet mixture into the dry mixture until everything is combined. Be sure not to overmix. If the batter seems too thick, add a tablespoon at a time of extra almond milk.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan add the thin slices of apple and sprinkle the nuts and coconut on the top and bake for approximately 55-65 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the middle of the bread comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove and cool completely it from the pan and enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea.